Position Title: Site Child Development Coordinator
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Reports to: Site Child Development team manager
Works closely with: Corporate Child Development Team, Site Child Development Team Manager, Interdisciplinary Team Professionals, Site Staff, Ministry Partner Leadership and Staff
Position summary: The Site Child Development Coordinator will work to develop their Back2Back Ministries’ site in awareness, knowledge and practical application of trauma-informed best practice.
- Train site leadership, site staff, and appropriate ministry partner staff in all trainings provided by the Corporate Child Development Team. Trainings to include:
- Becoming a Trauma Competent Caregiver
- Back2Back Affiliate Trainer (Presentation Skills)
- 5-Point Child Development Plan Process (CDPP) including Child Status Index
- Nurture Groups
- Life Stories Groups
- TCC for Mission Teams
- Back2Back Ministries Child Safety Policy
- All materials included in the Trauma Competent Caregiver Continuing Education courses on Back2Back Learn
- All newly created trainings
- Assist in the organization and information sharing of all curriculums utilized for teaching and growing our sites into trauma-informed organizations.
- Participate in monthly check-in calls with assigned Corporate Child Development Coordinator. Calls to include: status update on all trainings conducted by site Child Development Team staff, status updates on all ministry partner sites and Back2Back Programs, status updates on 5PT CDPP and Nurture Groups, and connecting conversations to assist in building effective communication, trust and team-building between Corporate CDT and Site CDT.
- Participate in regular coaching calls with assigned Corporate Child Development Coach to build trauma-informed competency knowledge and skills.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with assigned site staff. (I.e. TBRI parenting strategies with Hope House Parents, trauma-informed care to Interdisciplinary Team Professionals, micro-trainings for all-staff team meetings.)
- Conduct ongoing topic-specific trainings at staff meetings to increase trauma competency of site staff and to build a trauma-informed culture within the Back2Back site.
- Conduct trainings and follow-up trainings to assigned Back2Back staff and assigned ministry partner leadership and/or staff.
- Collaborate with Corporate Child Development Coordinator to coordinate and lead all site CDT members in the participation of monthly or quarterly Communities of Practice forums.
- Be an avid learner of all trauma-informed related topics (child development, trauma, attachment theory, global child welfare best practice, trust-based relational intervention strategies, etc.)
- Available to participate as a Child Development Trainer in assigned domestic trainings.
- Work to build a trauma-informed culture and organization at their site.
- Integrate Back2Back cultural values into all staff interactions with a trauma-informed approach.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- 4-year university degree
- Experience in the child development or child welfare fields
- Fluent in Spanish and English (verbal and written)
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highly relational
- Public speaking skills
- Strong writing skills
- Administrative and detail-oriented
- Cultural sensitivity
- A team builder and player
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate in an international setting
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.