THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FLUENT IN SPANISH
Position Title: Doce Piedras (12 Stones) Programs Developer
Location: Mazatlan, Mexico: Doce Piedras Center for Holistic Child Development
Reports to: Director of Doce Piedras
Position summary: To develop effective, quality programs to meet the individual needs of each child in all five areas of development in a manner that stewards resources well and follows Back2Back DNA.
- Create and manage overall Doce Piedras structure and culture.
- Plan the structure and delivery of the center’s activities in accordance with Back2Back’s mission.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Determine programming needs.
- Assess and prioritize needs with input from clients and the interdisciplinary team to guide programming.
- Create and maintain familiarity with existing community programming.
- Filter new program ideas to determine feasibility based on resources and urgency.
- Design programming structure and formatting.
- Coordinate with professionals in each specialty area to create program plans.
- Fit new programming into current structure without diminishing its effect or fluidity.
- Write policies for the usage of equipment space to ensure good stewardship of resources.
- Determine resource needs for each program.
- Anticipate up-front and ongoing financial and staff needs for each program plan.
- Determine roles and training requirements for new staff members’ work within the programs.
- Advocate for the needs through appropriate channels.
- Communicate the needs of each program to the appropriate Mazatlan staff member.
- Communicate with the US Corporate Office Development Team as needed to update donors.
- Organize and set up all program resources.
- Participate in hiring, interviewing, and training of new staff as needed.
- Set up all equipment and spaces prior to the start date of new programs.
- Market new and existing programs to potential clients.
- Maintain communication with leaders of participating homes, programs, and families.
- Regularly communicate with the interdisciplinary team about programming initiatives.
- Clearly communicate the responsibilities of each client to be accepted for participation.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and continuously make improvements.
- Regularly evaluate and adjust programs based on a predetermined system of feedback .
- Monitor compliance of the clients to the responsibilities of their participation agreements.
- Participate in other responsibilities as a member of the Back2Back staff team.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events, missions teams, and interns.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Educate, influence and reinforce Biblical principles, as summarized within Back2Back’s statement of faith.
Required education and experience:
- Graduate of 4-year university
- 2 to 3 years of experience related to children at risk and/or in program development
- Mature Christian
- Fluent in Spanish (or have a plan to reach fluency as soon as possible)
- Management experience and mission field experience preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s Mission and Vision, Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member
- Demonstrate character and integrity above reproach in all areas of conduct and life, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Word processing, Excel, and Google Applications (such as Drive, Calendars, Docs, and Sheets)
- Demonstrate ethical behavior that aligns with Back2Back values.
- Maintain positive working relationships within and beyond Back2Back.
- Communicate in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations and create opportunities.
- Create detailed, stepwise plans toward achieving big-picture goals.
- Understand and respond to clients’ needs.
- Maintain relationships with people of all ages, religions, cultural backgrounds, and educational and socioeconomic levels.
- Work cooperatively with others to enhance effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve their maximum potential.
- Assess situations to make clear timely decisions.
- Track and record data, organize documentation, and manage schedules.
- Strategically set goals, actions plans, and feedback systems for maximal progress.
- Identify problems and their causes and strategically resolve them.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.