Position Title: Information Technology Director
Location: Mason, OH
Status: Full-Time – 40 hours/week
Funding: Corporate funding, no support raising required
Reports to: Mission teams Director
Works closely with: US Operations Director, US Corporate Teams, International Sites. Also works with system users, vendors and consultants
Position summary: Oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout Back2Back Ministries including but not limited to all information systems, telecommunications activities, and learning management systems. Leverage technology to help the organization accomplish its objectives.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT software and hardware systems including servers, PCs (both Windows and Mac), operating systems, telephones, software applications, security solutions, network hardware, peripherals, and equipment.
- Manage software solutions including, but not limited to NetSuite and the Learning Management System.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Work with ministry staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Determine user requirements, recommend practical solutions, and lead ministry-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Provide end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Coordinate with supervisor regarding financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Support the ministries’ overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, advocates, and the general public.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent education and experience along with advanced technical or managerial credentials.
- Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
- Experience in working with nonprofits preferred.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the executive management of an organization, and to manage concurrent projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.