Position Title: Education Coordinator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Back2Back Cincinnati Education Manager
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati Team, Child Development Team
Position summary: Utilize the 5-point Child Development Plan, Child Status Index, and other evidence based assessment and educational evaluation tools to offer educational intervention, development, and trauma informed care for teenagers, children, and families in an effort to move them toward dependence on Jesus, interdependence in community, and economic independence.
- Create and maintain relationships with Cincinnati Public School administrators and educators
- Implement trauma informed classroom strategies with partner schools, nonprofits as assigned.
- Train Trauma informed classroom content as needed.
- Create a database of tutoring options for families/students based on neighborhood.
- Help set education visions and goals for each child within our Strong Families program.
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, spiritual leaders, and others to determine action plans and review goal progress
- Implement the Back2Back Cincinnati tutoring model based on the 5 point child development plan.
- Develop Play with Purpose modules.
- Lead Back2Back Afterschool programs as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Other duties as assigned
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education (early childhood preferred)
- Training in Trauma Competent Care
- Experience working with children, families, and schools
Required skills and abilities:
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the Back2Back vision and mission
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Cultural Values
- Competent in Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Access transportation to enable regular in-home visits
- Be teachable
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstration compassion
- Be relational
- Motivate others
- Use active listening
- Be socially perceptive
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision making skills
- Fluent in Spanish (optional)
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.