Position Title: Education Care Coordinator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Family Care Manager
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati Team, Back2Back Cincinnati ministry partner organization, Child Development Team
Position summary: Utilize the 5-point Child Development Plan, Child Status Index, and other evidence based assessment and educational evaluation tools to offer valuable support and assistance for teenagers and families in an effort to move them towards dependence on Jesus, interdependence in the commmunity and economic independence.
- Maintain relationships with Cincinnati Public School elementary educators and staff
- Support implementation a database of tutoring options for families/students based on neighborhood
- Coach volunteers and staff in trauma competent skills utilized during tutoring
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team and family to help set goals for each student as it pertains to education
- Implement educational care for students and families
- Assist students and families with navigating educational barriers and opportunities
- Maintain documentation in the Back2Back Care Database
- Grow and execute the Back2Back Cincinnati tutoring model, based on the 5-Point Child Development Plan
- Use play with a purpose module during tutoring
- Support the Back2Back afterschool “play with purpose” program for grades K-3
- Develop a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Other duties as assigned
- Train like minded organization in providing trauma informed education spaces
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in either Secondary Education or Social Work with an emphasis in Education. Education can be substituted by 2 or more years of experience in childhood education programming. (Certifications & CEU’s qualify)
- 2 or more years experience working with children ages 5-18 in education environments.
Required skills and abilities:
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the Back2Back vision and mission
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values and Standards of a Staff Member
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Utilize Back2Back Trauma Competent Care principles.
- Understands Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Access to transportation to enable regular in-home visits.
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative).
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity to work within limited resources.
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions.
- Understanding and practicing with home theories of trauma and attachment.
- Demonstrates Compassion.
- Motivates others.
- Active listener.
- Socially perceptive.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.