Position Description: Ministry Area Captain
Reports To: Site Director
Position Summary: Coordinator of the mission teams, construction, and development of children in the children’s homes Back2Back serves.
- Plan and administrate construction projects for captain area (with teams, and with out teams).
- Facilitate projects with mission teams and national volunteers (project management).
- Work with national organizations to facilitate donations and captain area needs.
- Develop and sustain “partnership” relationship with captain area director.
- Bridge needs with donor resources.
- Correspond with donors i.e. thank you’s, updates, and general communication. This is necessary to collaborate with the U.S. office team.
- Coordinate and facilitate captain area director training (Child Social Services, Round Table, Planning, Financial Administration, Development).
- Coordinate and administrate with captain area director and B2B site director(s) annual strategic work plan for captain area. Including: construction development, and child development plan, and organizational/operational (NGO) development: (physical, emotional/psychological, educational, social, and spiritual).
- Collaborates with other staff and supports other ministry areas (staff meetings, captain meetings, co-captain, team support, child development).
- Stewardship of B2B resources (facility, tools, financial resources, vehicles, etc.)
- Majority time spent at captain area facility (goal: relationship with children, staff, and director; project and child development)
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Mature Christian
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Management Experience
- Mission Field Experience Preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Clear understanding of the vision and mission of B2B.
- Adhere to and share Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Gmail, google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and processes.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills, being socially perceptive, and encouraging others in their calling and roles.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions and skills.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities
- Be proactive and demonstrate resiliency by adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage projects “project management”
- Ability to administrate financial resources
- Language ability (English and Sites regional and/or national language)
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative).
- Ability to be responsible for a team, children, and or supporting staff.
- Ability to work on a team as a leader and or a support staff.