Note: This position does not require support raising.
Position Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Reports to: Financial Controller
Works closely with: Finance Associate, Donor Relations Coordinator, Child Sponsorship, Mission Trip Team, and other Back2Back Staff.
Position summary: Works with the controller to handle duties in all aspects of accounting processes to support the Finance team to meet the financial needs of the organization.
- Analyze and perform routine accounts payable functions with a high level of accuracy and efficiency including transactions such as processing and entering invoices and reimbursements.
- Assist with gathering Payroll, invoice and check request information.
- Manage Payables including processing vendor payments, expense reimbursements, corporate credit card payments, grant transfers and vendor 1099 processing. Includes checks, ACH, EFT and wire transfers.
- Process Journal Entries for deposits, payroll, and other entries as assigned by controller.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Perform monthly reconciliations as directed by controller.
- Assist with special projects such as month end and year-end closes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Controller.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Participate actively in Finance Team meetings, tasks, activities, and events.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience.
- Minimum 5-years accounting experience in Payables, Payroll, or related accounting.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Learn Back2Back financial software and systems and utilize them with intermediate to advanced levels of competency.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and process.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Lead and manage both systems and people.
- Maintain confidentiality.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below: