Looking back over the past three months, Back2Back Cancun has made progress in several key areas, including community mapping and construction projects at the Community Center of Trés Reyes (CCTR).
Community mapping is a strategic method used to assess the needs of the community, so that programs, services and outreach efforts are relevant to local residents. Back2Back staff met with local pastors representing 10 churches to discuss the strengths and needs of the community. Likewise, staff met with 30 parents who regularly bring their children to a weekly Bible study to further educate them on Back2Back’s mission, as well as the purpose of the community center. Lastly, during a recent medical outreach, Back2Back surveyed parents to gather demographic and educational information, as well as asking what type of classes would most interest them.
Construction continues at the Community Center of Trés Reyes. The palapa floor and all floors inside the main building are poured. The roof will soon be poured which allows for construction on the second floor to begin. The soccer field is complete and already in use! Additionally, tutoring and spiritual development, reading and English classes are offered weekly.
- In February, a medical outreach served 270 local residents living in the Bonfil and Trés Reyes communities. Children and adults were treated for allergies, colds, earaches, infections and other common ailments. Several residents received full physical examinations and an on-site pharmacy distributed needed medication.
- Local residents are thankful for the community center with some offering to volunteer to help with construction.
- Back2Back has identified five new families living in Bonfil for the Family Preservation Program.
- Pray for the final stages of funding for the Trés Reyes Community Center.
- Pray for wisdom as Back2Back continues planning for programming at the community center.
- Pray for favor in Trés Reyes as Back2Back staff work to build relationships with the community
- Pray for the five new families joining the Family Preservation Program in Bonfil.