Position: Information Technology Director
Reports to: Operations Director
Works closely with: Leadership, Marketing, Finance, Development, and Mission Teams
Purpose of Position: The Information Technology Director will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout Back2Back Ministries, working closely with the Leadership Team and Directors to assess and address user and ministry needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading ministry-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. Other principal working relationships include all system users, vendors and consultants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs (both Windows and Mac), operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
• Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
• Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
• Work with ministry staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
• Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
• Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
• Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
• Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
• Provide end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
• Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
• Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Support the ministries’ overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
• Work with family and friends to create ministry partner team, who financially support role
• Graduate of 4-year university
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials.
• Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
• Experience in working with non-profits preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
• Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
• Mature Christian