Haitian Bay Christian Academy Teacher
This teaching position is expected to lead a multi-age classroom of staff children, teaching and guiding them through the academic requirements as outlined in the provide standards and curriculum.
Primary Relationship: Reports to HBCA Lead Teacher
• Teaches K-4 or 5-9 multi-age classroom instruction
• Follows designated curriculum
• Implements additional material to support curriculum objectives
• Records assessment data to measure student progress and communicates with parents
• Builds positive learning environment
• Plans for instructional units with measureable outcomes per grade level
• Each teacher is required to submit lesson plans, records and report cards for each student. These reports should include: subject grades for each discipline being studied with descriptions of curriculum and work accomplishments and samples of schoolwork.
• HBCA teachers will follow the same calendar as students, starting approximately September 1 – May 30. Vacation/holidays follow the school calendar and vacation can only be taken on regularly scheduled holidays. All school days are required workdays and many not be used for travel, vacation or support development. Each teacher is allotted three sick days.
• The HBCA school day begins at 8:30am and runs until 3:00pm, plus necessary prep and grading.
• Teacher will help plan and facilitate Field Trips, paid for by the HBCA account; however these purchases may only be made upon request
A Bachelors degree is preferred, but not required. Candidates should work well with children, as well as be teachable and flexible. They should also have effective organizational skills and classroom management.
HBCA teachers are required to raise 100% of their total support needs. This is to be accomplished during non-school days, holidays and summer break. From the teacher’s support account one’s salary, visa fees, travel expenses and moving expenses can be expensed.