Position Description: Ministry Area Captain
Reports To: Site Director
Position Summary: Coordinator of the mission teams, construction, and development of children in the children’s homes Back2Back serves.
- Plan and administrate construction projects for captain area (with teams, and with out teams).
- Facilitate projects with mission teams and national volunteers (project management).
- Work with national organizations to facilitate donations and captain area needs.
- Develop and sustain “partnership” relationship with captain area director.
- Bridge needs with donor resources.
- Correspond with donors i.e. thank you’s, updates, and general communication. This is necessary to collaborate with the U.S. office team.
- Coordinate and facilitate captain area director training (Child Social Services, Round Table, Planning, Financial Administration, Development).
- Coordinate and administrate with captain area director and B2B site director(s) annual strategic work plan for captain area. Including: construction development, and child development plan, and organizational/operational (NGO) development: (physical, emotional/psychological, educational, social, and spiritual).
- Collaborates with other staff and supports other ministry areas (staff meetings, captain meetings, co-captain, team support, child development).
- Stewardship of ministry resources (facility, tools, financial resources, vehicles, etc.)
- Majority time spent at captain area facility (goal: relationship with children, staff, and director; project and child development)
- Work with family and friends to create ministry partner team, who financially support role
- Clear understanding of the vision and mission of ministry
- Ability to manage projects “project management”
- Ability to manage people through practices such as delegation and clear communication of expectations.
- Ability to administrate financial resources
- Language ability (English and Sites regional and/or national language)
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative).
- Ability to be responsible for a team, children, and or supporting staff.
- Time management
- Strong communication skills (verbal, and written)
- Ability to work on a team as a leader and or a support staff.
- Mature Christian (see doctrinal questionnaire)
- University Degree
- Management Experience
- Mission Field Experience Preferred